Monday, April 17, 2023

 A new week ahead of us full of opportunity. I don't know how you feel, but I want to make it count for Him.

We start standardized testing this week, so schedules will be interrupted. Exhaustion will be real. Yet, in the midst of all the hurrying, waiting, and fretting God still speaks.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." Psalm 32:8

What comfort we have in this verse. First, it might help to know the difference in God's omnipotence and His manifest presence. When I'm looking for answers to specific questions got questions.org is a great resource. 

They state, "God’s omnipresence is His attribute of being everywhere at once. He is omnipresent even when we do not experience His presence; He is here, even if we do not recognize Him. God’s manifest presence is, of course, His presence made manifest—the fact that He is with us is made clear and convincing."

I find great comfort in the fact that God granted me the ability to see Him at work in all things. At the age of 60 I became aware that there are many people who declare themselves Christians, but do not believe He is in control of ALL things. This still flabbergastes me!

The article in got questions.org goes on to say, "We know of God’s manifest presence experientially. The manifest presence of the Spirit may not be visible or aural or able to be sensed physically, but His presence is experienced nonetheless. At the times of His choosing, the Spirit manifests His presence, and our theological knowledge becomes an experiential knowledge. Creedal acquaintance becomes loving familiarity."

I have a busy week. What comfort I find knowing that God's eyes are upon me!

No comments: