Sunday, April 16, 2023

Grace

 Fredrick Buechner once wrote, “Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery it is. In the boredom and pain of it, no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it, because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace.”

Some days it is easy to wake up and concentrate on the evil around us, to the point we miss the grace of God. 

Yesterday, we had a discussion on which is more important written word or the authors meaning. I said the author's meaning. Think about that a moment!

When I study God's Word I am concerned with the words, but ultimately it is what He means by those words that changes me. Psalm 119:130, "The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple."

So, when I read the many verses on grace I get the surface meaning, but it is only by repeated study that God allows me to become enlightened on the depth of that meaning. And that too is grace.

I still am unsure how grace works, but I can promise you it does. That in this life in your weakest moment he will give you more than enough grace. What a great God we serve!  

No comments: