Monday, August 24, 2020

No Fear

        "and said, “O Lord, God of our fathers, are you not God in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. In your hand are power and might, so that none is able to withstand you. " 2 Chronicles 20:6

        If I look at this upcoming presidential election fear can take over! To my worldly eyes this is going to be disastrous. Yet, I know that sometimes God brings judgement on nations. I know that he is in control.

          Wow! That is a hard pill to swallow. Do not get me wrong I do not believe Christians should be silent at this time, or take a fatalistic attitude. However, I do believe we should vote for the party that has a platform that is not openly mocking the things of God. How do you stand in front of the Creator of the universe when we have not stood for Him in our earthly walk?

        I read this today, "If these apparently foolish decisions are allowed to run their course, and believers are caught up in the disastrous consequences of these decisions, then we must continue to trust God in these times. We must believe both that God is sovereignly in control of these events and that the care and welfare of His children in those events has not been forgotten." (Bridges, 1988, p. 85)

        I am not God (aren't you glad). I do not see His bigger plan, but I must trust Him.

        My grandmother used to say, "I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread." Which is Psalm 37:25, she hid God's word in her heart and thankfully it would just come out of her mouth often. She lived through tough times and she wanted me to remember a simple thing, God is never going to forsake you. The going may get tough. The road may be unpaved, but God is there, and rest in that. 

        

      See the source image

No comments: