Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Hurricanes and God's Power

         We are on the cusp of a phenomenon.  This week meteorologist have predicted a chance for two hurricanes to cross paths.  I can only imagine the fear some residence in the Gulf Coast area are experiencing.  Fires are raging out of control on the West Coast leaving devastation in their wake. All this is disheartening and confusing to many.  Why is God doing this?  Is God doing this?  So many questions, but the Bible shows us answers.

        Jeremiah 10:13 says, "When he thunders, the waters in the heavens roar; he makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth. He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses."

        Matthew 5:45b reminds us we serve a God who is in control, "He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

        I can choose to trust in the goodness of God or I can believe that we are all just random cells floating through space.  The Bible gives us affirmation that God is sovereign over all his creation. He does not need me to validate his word.  It has stood the test of time long before I came and will continue long after I'm gone.

        Again my job is to Trust Him.

       See the source image            

No comments: