Saturday, August 22, 2020

God is in Control Part 2

         2020 will go down in history as a year like none other.  What started out normal has turned into nothing less than a Stephen King novel gone wrong.  No matter where you look it appears the world is falling apart.  

        One thing that is consuming many in America, and perhaps the world today, is the upcoming elections.  To think we are going to be subject to three months of fear pedaling is almost to much to bear! I have a choice to let fear and worry consume me or cast all my cares on the one who created me.

        The Bible teaches in 1 Peter 5:7 that we are to cast all our cares on him for he cares for us.  So, I can throw Covid-19, schools opening, financial hardships, sickness, hurting friends  and national politics all at His feet.

        Years ago I read Frank Peretti's books.  I liked the illusion he gave of demons sitting on building dipping their fingers into the lives of men, but every time God would send ministering angels to thwart their plans. Psalms 33:10-11 says, "The LORD foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations." So in the midst of all the hurt, confusion and distress I can stand firm in He who has saved me. I don't need to be fearful of the future.


See the source image

No comments: