Friday, August 21, 2020

Is God in Control

 "God...is the blessed controller of all things, the king over all kings and the Master over all masters." 1 Timothy 6:15 (JBP)

   It is human nature to try and understand the ways of God. Yet, with all the tragedy in the world it is increasingly difficult to understand his ways. I shared yesterday the Corrie Ten Boom poem, "The Weaver"  reminding myself that God sees what I can not see.  

   This morning I was reminder that there is a twofold objective to God's providence:  His own glory and the good of his people.  I can not understand how cancer, jail, and death are good.  Yet, Psalms 31:15 says that, "Our times are in His hands." And I can find comfort knowing that nothing in all of creation happens opposite his will.  

  So while I may not understand God's ways. I can believe that he is sovereign and in control of all things.


See the source image

No comments: