Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 7

Why slice?  I like to slice to renew my zeal for writing.  Yes, I model writing for my students everyday, but I don't write my thoughts everyday.  Also, I enjoy reading what wonderful things others are doing in their rooms.  Things they try that work and sometimes in moments of honesty we tell what isn't working.  I slice because teaching is the toughest job in America and some days I leak.  There are those days when I loose my zeal because the things that aren't teaching take so much time. 

George Verwer once said, "I often tell the story about D L Moody who would emphasize the need to be filled with the Spirit again and again. One day when asked, "Mr. Moody why do you keep saying we have to be filled again and again?" he replied, "because I leak". Thank God for free refills."

I think the analogy applies.  I slice because I leak! I need that sense of community that comes in this forum.  The refilling of my zeal for teaching!

Do you leak?

6 comments:

MaryHelen said...

I love the analogy. You are so right- we do need to be renewed. I just shad that with a friend who sliced for the first time yesterday. She could not believe the power of the comments. Plus, the writing is renewing her. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. And, I am so glad you are gaining some zing. Be filled.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. We do have a hard job and I lose my zeal at times, too. Reading this was a double treat because I could relate to what you said and also to the quote you shared.

elsie said...

I leak, I love that phrase! Sometimes I have that feeling. I'm glad you write to refill.

wakeupandwrite said...

Gosh that makes so much more sense than just needing to be filled up.

Anonymous said...

What a great quote. Yes, we all definitely leak at times. I love being part of this challenge because it makes me write, which is something I need to be doing more of.

Kristi Lonheim said...

Love the idea of slices being about leaking.