Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 27

Well I think Spring Fever has arrived.  Our 5th graders thoughts have gone to other things...like baseball.  Today I couldn't figure out what happened to my kids.  They are always so good.  I'm kinda shocked when they act up.

At first I thought it was because they had two performance task to accomplish today.  Unbeknown to me, my teammate was doing one in math and I had one in Social Studies.  Since our performance task ask students to combine all their knowledge from a unit into a task.  I was pretty sure this was it.  They were just overloaded.

Then came recess and how can anyone not like 75 degree weather with a little breeze.  I didn't want to come in and my students REALLY didn't want to come in and finish this part of the task.

So they all returned to work belligerently.  No one was happy.  Then came the spring picture proofs from last week and they really were bad, but my most precious girl screams out...what the flippen picture is goin on.  WHOOAA!!!  We don't say flippen or freakin, so what gives.  Well they suddenly all became art connoisseurs and it was ALL over for the task.

As we went to the bus, I had my purse in hand.  We have faculty meeting and I was ready to go.  When I walked out of the building that's when it hit me....I didn't want to be at school either today.  It was to pretty outside. 

Poor 5th graders, spring break isn't until the 7th and then we still have the CRCT in their future.  And all they can think of playing.  It is going to be a long time till June 1st!

No comments: