Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12

A very unexpected day. 

This morning I got up, got Gabe on the bus, ready for his overnight school trip.  Prayed for Drew and his interview at Auburn.  Got to work, and things were rocking along.  That's when I should have worried.  Next thing I know I'm being served with a subpeona to appear in court tomorrow morning.  One of my students is going through a horrible custody battle.  I never dreamed I'd be dragged into this mess, especially not this week.  I had to cancel parent conferences for tomorrow, get things ready for a sub, and I'm terribly worried about my student.  This has all weighted on my student for weeks now, he's 11. 

Resting in the fact that God knows the plans he has for us and today was no surprise to him.  However, it really rocked my world.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that is terrible. I'm so sad for your student and for you getting dragged into the middle of things. Your faith will carry you as you let God lead and you follow. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm sure that God called you because he knows that you are the strength this student needs right now. Be strong and know you've got a community of writers lifting you up!