Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13

"God never puts more on us than we can bear."  "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."  These were just a few of the encouragements I heard an older sister tell the younger sister in a custody proceeding this morning.

Divorce is a terrible thing !  For the parties involved who thought it would last forever and for the children, especially the children.  However, being a child of divorced parents, I never felt that way because my parents never allowed it to be an issue.  My mother never said a bad thing about my dad, even though I knew what he had done, I was never allowed to say a bad thing about hime either.  Even though she got sick six months after the divorce and died 4 years later.  I never let the divorce be a crutch.  Yet, today as I got caught in the middle of a nasty divorce custody battle, it was sad to see this isn't the case with ever child.  I'm afraid these two little ones will forever be shaped by this divorce.  Both parents appear to be good people, the judge is trying to be fair, but all I could see was pain someone was going to carry when this thing ended.  Small children trying to get the approval of one parent at the cost of another.  Holy Cow!!!  My heart is breaking for everyone.

Then I went back by school to check in and from one of our parapros (she is a foster mother) that she got two new kids last night.  One seven and one a year old, because the 3 month old was found dead in the crib.  And I wondered how can it be!!!

Children are an inheritance from God and my heart breaks when I see one hurt. 

1 comment:

Janet said...

Thank you for sharing this heart breaking story. We've all seen these kids, but it never ceases to shock us. Our government system is so over taxed and underfunded and can't protect the kids unless they are in immediate danger of physical harm. My prayers are with you, to soften the hurt and the families of those poor children. Keep in mind you are so important to them, they can depend on you for 7 hours a day!