Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 22 - What Does My Music Say About Me

Yesterday for some reason I started thinking about the music I listen too. Then I started thinking about when I'm dead what would I want them to play. Then I thought they could play my Playlist, but after the first few songs I think folks would be falling out of the pews in shock.

I listen to a wide range of music...country, contemporary Christian, soft rock, R&B, folk...pretty much whatever hits my fancy. However, do they say something about me as a person?

1.  Tiny Dancer by Elton John...one day I am getting out of my car and dancing in the road to that one.

2.  A Whiter Shade of Pale by Procal Harum ... I had to look up what it meant to "skip the light fandango". Here's the meaning "To skip the light fandango is to let loose, let one's hair down and be done with the opinions of the stuffy." Okay I've definately done my share of this. No wonder my skips been broken lately!!!  LOVE IT!!!! (This is my new favorite old song.)

3.  RockStar by Nickleback...I don't know what it is about this song, but I sing it at the top of my lungs and dance in the shower. This could be dangerous, but so far I'm okay.

4.  I'm Gonna Take that Mountain by Reba...This should be the national teacher's theme song. If you haven't heard it you need to youtube it. I play it driving into the parking lot.

5.  Anything Bonnie Raitt...If you live and breath you should listen to Bonnie Raitt...just because. There isn't anyone better.

So I don't think any of my friends will be brave enough to play this list at my funeral, but wonder if I could get F. to play it at the viewing (a very Southern thing)? Oh well until then...you can find me just south of I-20, I'll be in the house with the booming music...who can say it has been a GREAT life.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Well, I'm glad you posted about this...because I have thought of this, too! I love Emmylou Harris-something from "Stumble Into Grace", and The Band: "I Shall be Released"...but the rest change all the time.

Bonnie K said...

Bonnie Raitt, she's my lady too...
And so many more...How about Corinne Baily Rae and Nora Jones...I have to think about my list...It includes lots of classical guitar- especially the tunes that sound VERY Spanish.
Bonnie

Monkey said...

Number 2 is my absolute fav out of your list...LOVE that song! I have so many songs that I can think of a person/memory that go with them...some people attach smells to memories---mine are songs. When awesome things happen to me/when bad things happen---I immediately turn to my music.