Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 21 - God Winked

WHAT'S A GODWINK?
A godwink is what some people would call a coincidence, an answered prayer, or simply an experience where you'd say, "Wow, what are the odds of that!"

It was kinda of a weird moment yesterday, so let me explain. You remember me telling earlier of there being "more month than money" at our house this month. Well I had a bit of pressure taken off, but still needed to get college boy back to college, which meant spending money and gas money. I wasn't sure how it was working, but I just kept plugging along. Yesterday when I went and got the mail that was when it happened. GOD WINKED!

I got the mail and in it was a check for $30. It was from the dividends of stock my mother left me when she died 38 years ago. I had some trouble getting them to change the address when we bought the new house a year ago, so the check hadn't been coming. I know $30 seems so piddly, but it meant the world to me. It was like a "if I had been there I would have helped" from my mom.

It was a GODWINK!!! I hope this week you are blessed and unexpectedly God Winks at you!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

I've never heard that term before, but I like it.

Glad you got an unexpected "gift" in the mail. Sounds like it came at just the right time.

Becky said...

God Winks. I like that. Guess we have those times of really needing something, like $30, to recognize the God Winks

Beth said...

Love it! This is a great term. God winks in so many ways if we are open to notice. Years ago, when we had just moved to Michigan, I was feeling rather lonely and miserable. It was summer and I was alone all day with my three boys. Out of the blue I got a phone call that my cousin would be here all summer for an internship. What a gift! God Winked!

Kari said...

What a blessing! Thanks for sharing this reminder of His faithfulness!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a Godwink, thanks for sharing it with us.

Mary said...

What a wonderful term - God Wink! He does know just the right time to give each of us a wink!

Tara said...

I will always remember this..Godwinks... great verb/noun/adjective to be used sparingly but happily!

Alan j Wright said...

As an Aussie I know our particular speech is littered with colourful turns of phrase, but I must admit 'God Winked' was a new term for me. I enjoyed adding a new term to my personal dictionary and I particularly liked the way it was woven into your slice of life story.