Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 19 - Small Town Blessings

I have a confession to make. This has been a tough month. You know the kind more month than money! Well all week I've fretted over a bill that was due and there just wasn't anyway to pay it till next week. I've literally worried myself sick. So today after the kids went home, I was sitting at my desk looking at the bill in my purse. Worry was piling up! I didn't want to be late and wondered if it had a "grace period". You know, it is due now, but if you pay it in 10 days your still okay. However, there is nowhere on this bill that states that. Finally, I gave up and called.

A friendly voice answered the phone. I asked the question trying to remain anonymous. Then she says, "Who am I speaking to?"  UGG!! Confession time. So I told her and told her I'd have the money there next week, but not this week. You know what that friendly voice said, "Don't worry. You are okay."  Relief filled the air.

Why hadn't I called sooner? Pride, I suppose. Once I hung up the phone I thanked God again for life in a small town...where everybody knows your name.

3 comments:

Bonnie K said...

DON'T WORRY LENNYE, YOU ARE REALLY OKAY!
Bonnie

Letterpress said...

My mother used to tell me a story, when I was in your predicament. It was about a guy who had a creditor bugging him about something he owed. So he told the creditor that he had a hat, and every month he'd put all his bills in there to pay, then, because there wasn't enough money for all of them, he'd draw one out to pay. He was very sorry, that this month, this particular creditor didn't get drawn out of the hat.
"SO?" the creditor replied.
"So," the man said back to him. "If you're not nice, I won't even put your name in the hat."

It didn't make the money stretch any farther, but it always brought a smile. And we've said that more than once to each other--my husband and I--can we put this one in the hat?

Glad you live in a small town--such nice blessings there!

Elizabeth
http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com

Thinking Aloud said...

Thanks for reminding me about my phone bill:) I don't live in a small town so unless I am no longer in need of dial tone I better send this check out. But tonight I will just head to a bar where nobody knows my name(unless I drop my phone bill).