Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 18 - Student Teacher

Whoa Nelly...Thursday has been a busy day. My student teacher has been doing a great lesson for two days on adjectives. The kids have been making using adjectives to make a menu to a make-believe restaurant. The kids have really enjoyed it for the most part. The last two days have been full of activity.

Today Student Teacher's professor came for another evaluation. I'm very impressed with this university and their expectations of their student teachers. Also, I thoroughly have enjoyed the professor's visits. There are a lot of similarities about us. We've all traveled and lived lots of different places. We all have older children (and I've got an eighth grader). We all love teaching and enjoying talking "shop" talk.

Overall I'm enjoying this student teacher experience. She is going to be a great teacher. I feel sorry for her - looking for a job in this economy. I so hope she gets a job. The world will be missing out on a great teacher if she doesn't.

PS. Student Teacher was just named Outstanding Early Childhood Major at her university.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will miss her when she leaves!!!

Freda