Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lots of Stuff

Today I took off work to be a mommy. I don't do that very ofter with G. The others had much more of me. Anyway we went on a field trip to see the King Tut exhibit in Atlanta. You gotta love Atlanta!

Since the exhibit is about ready to close, there were a ton of people there. I don't really like these type things when there are so many people in one room you really can't see anything. I think they tried to stagger folks, but it didn't work.

This is G's class. One little girl (who hid in this picture) amazed me with her approach to the treasures of King Tut. She read carefully each thing. You could tell this wasn't her first time at a musuem, so I asked one of the teachers. They said she was from New York (you know I love all things New York) and it showed she was a bit more cultured than the rest.


Afterwards my big boy wanted to go and get a hamburger (we didn't eat breakfast). I thought it could have been the biggest one I'd ever seen. We went to Chili's and I thought of F and the endless chips and dip.

Next, we went to the Scholastic Warehouse sale. Be still my heart. However, my heart would have been beating fast had I known what I was teaching next year. I thought of all types of author studies that we could do.

We topped it off with a little stop a Sonic for a Cherry Limeade. Heavenly and it was Happy Hour.

Also, I haven't shown ya'll this cutey who now resides with us.



That's because we can't settle on a one syllable name(its a boarder collie thing). Anyway, her registered name is Bella. We just lost our beloved Belle a couple of years ago, so Matt's not hip on the name. Everyday her personality changes. I'm thinking she is a Matilda (Mattie for short) of course Matt wants no part of that. He wants to name her Jane...this dog is no plain Jane.

1 comment:

Monkey said...

So is the cutie's name Lucy yet? :) If that's your favorite name for her, I say go for it!

She does look like a Lucy.

I'll bet the King Tut exhibit was awesome...it was always so interesting in Art History class when our prof taught us about Egyptian Art...way cool!