Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekends

Weekends should be for rest, but that isn't always the case. I know I am not the only person who works a second job. It is a minor little job, about once a month I drive over to Augusta and do a horse show. However, the older I get the harder it is to make the drive, get up at 4:00am, drive 2 1/2 hours, work the horseshow, then drive 2 1/2 hours back. Usually I take Sunday off from church and finish up my paperwork and rest.

Today was different. Dan started my day by bringing me coffee in bed, something he doesn't do very often. So I had a feeling it was important to him that I go to Sunday School with him this morning. Then after church we ate lunch with F and Ricky, then it was back to church for a wedding shower. I enjoy everyone we go to church with, so that was okay. Drug myself back to Jasper County and started doing paperwork from the horseshow. Then, I had to make up a flyer for a Sunday School Party next weekend at our house. Of course I ran out of envelopes!

The next two weeks are going to be busy ones. Dan will start his new job in another week, so life here will get even busier for me! I wanted to go to Oklahoma over spring break, but I don't think that will work...I'm too tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure makes Mondays harder when our weekends are so full. Hope you get a good night's sleep and congrats on the reading teacher award!

K2daK said...

Good surprise surprises are the best! I like the nonmaterial ones too! Hope you enjoy your break before two crazy busy weekends.