Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reader of the year

Tonight was the Reader of the Year Awards. Guess who was Reading Teacher of the Year...ME. F. wrote the sweetest nomination essay (which they read tonight), I swear there were a couple of minutes there when I wondered who they were talking about! I must admit I teared up a bit. I remember when I walked away from teaching when Drew was born and thought I'd never teach again. Then started back when Matt started school, only to go home again when Gabe was born. So to me this was a biggy tonight. First, I love it that others understand my passion for reading. I've heard preachers say it is a parents responsibility to lead their children to a knowledge of Jesus (Dan did that). I on the other hand taught all my children to read! Now that's an accomplishment. Of course Dan was there as well. We (F, Ricky, Dan and I) went to Jimmy's before the awards for some chicken fingers and fries. We are very predictable folks!



2 comments:

K2daK said...

How awesome is that! Congratulations!!!

Monkey said...

WOOHOO!! Congratulations...you rock!