Tuesday, March 3, 2009

HAPPY 25th ANNIVERSARY!

Twenty-five years is a long time! I had to laugh we were so young. In 1984 I didn't think of hiring a professional photographer, so we had my uncle, great uncle, and Dan's dad with Kodaks. Somedays I wish we had a professional, but its okay. I still have the dress.

Today my kids at school said I looked older than I do now. Boy are they wrong. Then Rhonda said Dan hadn't changed a bit!

Last year we did have a professional photographer do family pictures. So we now have a 25 year photo!


Today F gave us a gift card to dinner, so we left Gabe home alone and went out. To my favorite Mexican Restaurant, LaPirella. I was scrumptous!

Tonight we discussed the fact that the last five years have been extremely difficult and that we were blessed that our marriage has survived. Dan is sweet and says he wants to make up for those years. He doesn't need to. They were a learning and growing experience for us both. We are fortunate that God was continually watching over us and leading us during a very difficult time.

Here's to the next 25 years!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on this amazing milestone! You two look so happy together.

Thinking Aloud said...

Happy anniversary! Love the photos, both of them!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. That's so wonderful that you continue to grow with your guy,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your dinner...Here's to 25 more:)

Freda

GirlGriot said...

Happy anniversary, Lennye! I remember those gorgeous photos you had taken of the whole family. So nice to mark the passing of time that way. How exciting and impressing that you two are still going strong 25 years later!

Monkey said...

Happy Day!! I was 6 years old when you got married!! I too am a fan of your first picture...and those gorgeous photos you had done more recently...definitely not biased or anything. ;)

Monkey said...

ps...Freda is the greatest friend you will ever have!! She really does look out for you, make sure you keep her around! :) I might try to steal her and get her to be one of my BFF's! :)

Jane said...

HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!!
YOu are such a cute couple!
~jane