Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 14

I believe I have a bradford pear tree growing by the barn. When I came home yesterday, I immediately went to get the camera. Dan looks at me and says, "Do you like the tree or something, I was going to cut it down." What in the world!

It is almost spring in these parts, although today is rainy and deary. I can just look out at the barn and see the tree. What a treat! We bought the house in November, so this will be exciting to see what we've got around here. Right now Dan is looking for a lawn mower, we think there is about 2 acres that have to be mowed. The rest we might can hire a bushhog every month.

Matt made it to Mississippi safe and sound. I hope he has a good time. Gabe made straight A's on his report card, so he gets to do something today. I'll probably go grocery shopping!

This morning on Fox News I heard that men in their 50's who have sex 2 to 3 times per week are 50% less likely to have a heart attack or stroke. They also said that it would reduce the chances of prostrate cancer. Also, that potato chips have an effect similar to Prozac. Now that is encouraging news during this recession!

6 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

That's great news because I love chips and sex! LOL! Oh wait...M is not in his 50's so maybe we'll just get a head start on it now! =)

Anonymous said...

I love the photo and the news that you didn't chop it down. Good on the family front as well. What's better than that and chips of course,
BOnnie

GirlGriot said...

Your slice cracked me up! Good news about the chips and sex, for sure!

I love your tree, and the idea that you are discovering your new home as the seasons unfold. How lovely. Thank goodness the bloomtime came before your husband found a saw!

I love the picture. It immediately made me feel relaxed. Can you see that as you gaze out your windows?

Anonymous said...

:) great slice, that news must be shared so that more lives can be saved. :)
Beautiful photo---

Have a good weekend.

Letterpress said...

What an idllyic scene with the blossoms falling over the barn and green all around.

And on your other post about horse-life: isn't it funny how what we give our children stays in them in ways we don't expect? I've thought about that a lot lately.

Elizabeth
http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com/

Monkey said...

I love when the pear trees bloom in our yard too! So pretty!