Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thoughts

This morning I went to church alone (Gabe was half a sleep), it was rainy and dark. All I could think about was Lura who is struggling 5 years after her son's suicide to come to grips with it. My heart was heavy for her on my way to church. I walked in church and there was Brenda, my prayer partner. I told Brenda about my heaviness for Lura (years and years ago Brenda's brother committed suicide and her mother died of a heart attack the next day). Brenda told me of Judy's son someone we have prayed for as she has dealt with reoccuring cancer. Seems Judy's son tried to committee suicide again recently (2nd time). My spirit was heavy!

After church we went and had lunch with Freda and Ricky. Dan announced that Lisa stopped him and it looks like he got the job at Georgia Pacific (Praise the Lord)! As always we enjoyed the non-stressful time together. Then I was off to Macon for a wedding shower.

While on my way I thought of what Nanci and Freda had said on Friday. That I'd lead an exciting life and I was the happiest person Nanci knew. You know how I've searched for years to find joy in my life. Well driving to Macon it occurred to me that it hasn't been all bad.

*I grew up with a wonderful mother and grandmother.
*I really did marry the man of my dreams.
*Educationally I am a year of research away from a doctorate that will open doors for me.
*I have three wonderful boys, who are growing up into self-sufficent, fine, young men.
*I've had the best friends ever. Anyone of them could be called in a moments notice and I could say, "I need..." and they would fix it.
*I've lived on a 2,000 acre ranch with elk in my backyard and at a ski resort in a condo at the base of the mountain.
*I've worked for a pro football hall of famer, rubbed shoulders with country music icons, and known real life oil tycoons.
*The heir to Walmart has given both my boys scholarships to go to college, because of their abilities with horses.

Yeah, there's been a lot of pain and heartache in my life, but today I realized it was all good.

Albert Einstein once said, "There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

No comments: