Thursday, February 12, 2009

Life in the fast line...

...surely make you lose your mind.

Thank goodness tomorrow is a the beginning of a week long break! Wish I could be surprised by some unexpected money! Anyway, back to the craziness of life. I recently learned I was the county Reading teacher of the year. I'm pretty excited and tonight I got to speak on my favorite thing books! Then today I found out I was Teacher of the month at school. What in the world! I asked F. if I was fixing to die or something.

See I'm one of those teachers who isn't completely continent with the way things are going. I'm always looking for a better way! There are 8 days till the state wide writing exam and about 6 weeks till the CRCT. So I think of all the things I haven't taught that should of been taught....whoa is me!

I think I'll just play some Eagles.

2 comments:

K2daK said...

I thought of you today when we were rough drafting our research papers on Fredrick Douglass. One of my kids opening lines was, "Fredrick Douglass had a kind mind and a slave's heart." This coming from a girl who writes so scattered most of the time we end up laughing with eachother about how scattered it is, but this time I was like, "Wow, K, you are finally getting it!" Then I had one kid that almost wrote error free and wrote so well I asked if he didn't sneak home to write his rough draft because this isn't typical of him.It was awesome. Your moments are coming, just think it wasn't that long ago you posted about some awesome writing-keep planting and watering the seeds they'll bloom. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good for you!