Friday, February 13, 2009

Devistated

I'm devistated! Today around 2:00 the mother of the little girl I tutor called and asked me to go let her teacher know she could go to the Valentine's Dance. Of course within the next five minutes, Dan texted he failed the driving part of the CDL. (Seems there's 50 checks you do before you get in the truck, he forgot one!) All I envisioned was how were we going to make it for two more weeks! Was he ever going to get a job! The para wanted to move out the desk. Then Drake and Ira got into a fit because Drake (who truly believes he is a ninja warrior) was meditating. Before I knew it I had Harper's class and mine to get to the dance. I forgot Devon!!!

Shelly shows up and no Devon. We are looking everywhere. Well Devon took herself to my room and sat outside the locked door. At some point the janitor saw her and went and got one of her teachers, who was busy trying to get her own children. She told Devon to go get me in the lunchroom (where the dance was). Devon didn't come get me.

Folks if you could have seen her mom's panic, the child's eyes, and my heart breaking all at once. I try very hard to never let my personal life intrude into my job! But, I was so counting on Dan getting a job...TODAY! Of course, the child has three teachers, I'm just a friend and the tutor. Yet, I was the one crying and cried all the way home. My heart broke. How do you make that up to the mother or the child!

All I can say is Satan is alive and well today. Dan is looking for some words of comfort from me and there are none. I can't say anything. So he is out in the barn and I'm in here and Gabe is in another room!

Talked to Shelly she is okay; however, we both wonder what was the child thinking during that time.

1 comment:

Sarah B. B. said...

ARGH. What an awful day - I'm so sorry. :(