Saturday, September 6, 2008

Looking towards the Heavens for Help


Every feel worn out from traveling on the road of life? Psalms 40 gives us hope:

I waited on the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand. (vs. 1-3)

Many, O Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you; (vs. 5a)

Do not withhold your mercy from me, O Lord;
may your love and your truth always protect me.
For troubles without number surround me;
my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head,
and my heart fails within me. (vs 11-12)

Be pleased, O Lord, to save me
O Lord, come quickly to help me. (vs. 13)

Yet, I am poor and needy;
may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay. (vs. 17)




2 comments:

K2daK said...

I needed that

Jane said...

Definitely a good word!
~jane