Monday, September 8, 2008

It Could Be Worse

Does anyone like going to the dentist? Well I am one of those people who needs to be sedated to get in the door. I HATE it! When I was about 5 a dentist tried to fill a tooth and it wasn't deadened all the way. So began my long torturous affair with dentist.

At 7, I had to have major oral surgery (The one thing my Daddy gave me was his teeth.) Dr. Barnes, knocked me out and I loved him. I was with him for 17 years. I went in when I was pregnant with Drew and he says, "Did you know your pregnant?" I guess my gums were bleeding profusely and he said it was a give away sign. Anyway, then we moved.

In Colorado, the dude was something else. I've tried to block it for years!

Now it is Dr. F. I like him well enough for a dentist. However, even with dental insurance the skyrocketing cost are unbelievable!

So you get the idea I hate going to the dentist, but I go. So I walk in today and their is a former parent in the waiting room who looks at me and says, "You look TERRIBLE! How long have you been feeling bad?" I could of cried. Of course the conversation went to alternative medicine, which I am not against. I guess what gets me is I've been to doctors for the last year and no one can fix it. Now the B12 shot doesn't seem to be working. So what is wrong with me? Could it be stress over school (work) and (college), stirred up with a touch of depression over finances, fold in various physical ailments and then sprinkled with three children (of my own) and 48 more.

So there is nothing like a day of work, a trip to the dentist, followed by a reminder that you look terrible!

Hey, did somebody throw in there that I'm fat as well!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

Aww man, that sucks...what a sucky Monday. I can't even tell you the last time I went to the dentist (which is horrible) because I hate it so much...and had some VERY bad experiences when I was younger myself. That is one reason I was so terrified to get my wisdom teeth out last year. I would not have done it if I would've had to stay awake. Dr. Liz and I had a conversation about this miracle supplement that she now stocks and it's natural and she LOVES it...she told me to tell you to stop by there. You should...it really could help---certainly couldn't hurt. I'm sorry you had a sucky day.

K2daK said...

Gotta love it! The icing that tops the cake! I love it when you are already feeling low, someone comes to make it that much worse!

I guess I am weird because I don't mind going to the dentist, I mean I don't enjoy the sore jaw I have after going because of TMJ but I haven't had a terrible dentist experience, I used to go what seemed like once every 2 or 3 months for about 2 years. I go to Dr. King, she rocks and you can get a vibrating back massage while you there if you wish and last time I was offered a parafin wax on my hands-kind of nice I thought and as a thank you, you get a carnation!