Saturday, August 23, 2008

Life

Today on TwoWritingTeachers I found this quote and it fit the day:

“So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important. This is because they’re chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.”–Tuesdays With Morrie, pg. 43

This morning I sent the boys (Dan, Matt, and Gabe) off. They were going to work then go to see the Star Wars Movie as part of Gabe's birthday weekend.

I on the other hand have gone to a funeral this morning and at 6:00pm tonight Nanci H.'s mother-in-law passed away. In between these things I ran to Game Stop to get a little something for the birthday boy and passed a house where a man was just sitting on the porch. I thought, "what would it be like to just stop and sit, with nothing on my to do list?"

I don't know how that would feel, but for now I will continue burning the candle at both ends! However, when the candle burns out and this life is no more, I hope that I've made some kinda lasting impact on those around me. But most importantly you need to have no doubt in your mind - cause I've made it straight to the arms of Jesus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad this excerpt resonated with you Lennye.