Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's Only Wednesday

Well I thought yesterday was tough, but today Matt has called for money. It was at this moment that everything was back into perspective, for 5 hours. Then I sat across a table and watched my beautiful first born take his next step into adulthood. No, I didn't cry (it was hard)! I tried to think of the opportunity that was about to present itself for him. I pray God lets him get the job with Haggyrd Equine Medical Institute (across the street from the horse park). (Yes, I could be at the Kentucky Derby next year).

I called my best friend from high school, Brenda, and she said she hoped I was partying. Well no partying, but I do feel that things are as they should be!

Today, I did get a bouquet of pencils and they brought a terrific smile to my lips! How cute that was. I felt special. I felt loved on a very difficult week!

So as my boys spread their wings may God smile upon them and open doors. And while he is smiling their Daddy could use a good weekend. Dan is going to Augusta tomorrow in hopes of selling several horses. His words tonight were that everything was for sale.

Then to add spice to my life, Gabe is running for Vice-President of the student council. What in the world! The election is Friday.

So I believe that God hears the prayers of his saints and I know you will all be praying for God to smile down on the H Family this weekend.

2 comments:

Monkey said...

You ARE loved...you know you're one of my top five...no top three favorite people at SES right?! :) I'm so glad that you liked your bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils. I'm glad I could be the reason for your smile! :) :)

Sarah B. B. said...

WE DO LOVE YOU!
And, now that I qualify for AARP, I feel all KINDS of entitled to give people unasked-for advice. I believe Matt has a car, which means he can get his cute little self a very part-time job, and quit hassling you for money. I know he needs to put school first, but he can definitely work & study - most of us did it. :)