Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Life is hard...

I really didn't think it would be this hard to send Matt off to school. Oh, he has been the model child of late and I think that made it harder. Still I know I have Gabe left, but sending both the older boys off at the same time is really difficult. Yet, I want them to grow and become all they are intended to be.

We should be proud that we've raised strong Godly men. One has a degree (that he might just use) and the other is getting one. That they know they are loved and really they are ready to face the world.

Today, I thought of some of the children we teach. They will never be ready to go. They will struggle all through their life.

I am in the second week of school and already feel like I am behind. I think there are so many things they don't know and that they need to know. It makes me sad, that I don't feel like I can stop and smell the roses with them. For instance, this week it would be fun to have some kind of boat race. The temperature is so hot when it is there time to be outside, that going out is almost impossible. I keep telling them soon we will go out! A boat raise would work! Now that is as far as I've gotten on the plan, because there is too much to do and not enough time to do it!!!

1 comment:

K2daK said...

If you were my child's teacher I would be so happy, you have a huge heart to go along with your excellent teaching skills. They'll get it, they will, you will make sure of it. :)