Sunday, April 13, 2008

Room Update

Okay, now you have to picture this with the white headboard I'm going to one day own. Something in a cottage style and cheap. Also, the 4 hearts Gabe painted need to be rematted and hung on the wall. I'm in love with my blue!!!!!
This is the perfect color blue tiffany floor lamp that I purchased at a ridiculously low price on overstock.com.
Here is the former red overstuffed chair in the reading area. I'm not a slipcover person, but the $29 was much cheaper than a new chair.
This is now the view out my window by the computer. Much better than the wall that I looked at before.
This shows you the desk area. I've had the lace curtains for 15 years, they are one of my favorite things. I bought them when we first came to Georgia.

So that sums up my room redo. I wish I had taken before pictures, but I would have been embarrassed!

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Your blue turned out very well! That's too cool to see Gabe's artwork he did on the wall! :) You know you could get a piece of cheap mdf and cover it in a pretty white fabric and stuffing that matches and make your own custom headboard! I've seen them do that on t.v. a lot and it really works out for people. Or you could take two by fours and beat them up and paint them with a white stain, make them look rustic and make a headboard out of those!

I'm glad you love your blue, I always wanted a serene blue bedroom and have loved mine ever since too!

Sarah B. B. said...

That is a gorgeous color - good picking! I'm sure your dissertation will now be much more inspired. :)

Sarah B. B. said...

Lennye - that book is on my shelf, but I haven't successfully read it. I need to!