Saturday, April 12, 2008

Rainy Night Thoughts

It is midnight and I am awake. It could be the excitement of getting so much work done today. I've managed to do two discussion posts, check in with my chair, go by the post office and bank, then went for a massage (I won a door prize back in October). The massage was wonderful and I recommend the new person at Curves. I cut Gabe's hair, he was terribly worried since I am not a professional.

I'm sad that the week is ending. I never get tired of being at home. I guess these days with so much to do it is easy to stay entertained without ever leaving my room!

I am concerned about Dan. I think he is in a deep depression, that stems back to the tragedy in September. Dan is the type to impose some type of self-inflected punishment for the accident. F. reminded me this week that he has never talked about the wreck. Then tonight Matt and me at the same time said we thought the struggle he is in now relates to the wreck. So if you are inclined to pray, pray for Dan.

I haven't posted pictures of the new room, because I haven't liked the lighting in the room. Either it is to bright or to dark. I can't seem to convey in pictures the beauty. Perhaps Monkey will have to come over and take the pictures with her new camera.

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Today, with the cloudiness would certainly be an awful day for picture taking! :(
You might just have to make Dan talk it out, seems like men are like that---wanting to keep it all in--not realizing it makes them and everyone else miserable because they just won't get it out and everything.
I have to tell you that you can rest easy because the kitchen is definitely staying green...we love the green too---the part that is changing is the backsplash only. Right now it's a horrible off white color and looks dingy---it's some sort of plastic laminate type stuff. I got the idea from seeing a pink and green kitchen on t.v. just one time (wish that rerun would come on) and fell in love with it.

Sarah B. B. said...

I want to see the cobalt blue wall, so you've got to find a way to take pictures. :) I imagine it sort of looking like a Greek island... Oddly enough, I'd thought about Dan this week, because of another accident, and I wondered what had become of that situation. He probably needs some quality time alone in the woods to sort it all out. We'll be praying for him, though. *love*

Monkey said...

Ok my first comment sounded a little harsh regarding Dan...I think that's because of Crawford and all his drama that he's had going on the last two months...I'm just of the mindset, talk it out and it has to eventually get better, but if you keep letting it fester inside, it will only get worse for you and those around you. I do feel for Dan and know that he'll get it all worked out in his own time---hopefully for his sake and everyone around him, it will be sooner and not later. I didn't mean to be harsh at all.