Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Calling One and All

Today another suprise hit me. Adversity the things life is made of!!!!!! Anyway, my professor didn't like my last paper. She hated it would be better. I'm to narrow in my thinking. (Some have said I'm not narrow enough.) Anyway, you have to write to please the professor. (Plus all this red print on my paper made me want to puke!)

So here goes I need a catchy Title:

Writing and Testing Strategies that Impact State Writing Assessments

This is what I have so far and it isn't great. So think catchy! What would make you want to come to my conference session.

Also, what strategies do you think are important for good writers? Also, who knows a trick on how to get students to revise.

Think people! She is going to let me resubmit this, but I've got to get this approved to start on the power point.

PSS This is nothing like the first paper, with the exception it has to do with writing.

1 comment:

Sarah B. B. said...

As Captain Writing, I think the most important thing is your approach - writers' workshop worked WELL for me, rather than having the whole class work through the writing process simultaneously. Using that approach, revising is a natural part of your DAILY writing, so it's not "revision day" and they get all freaked out. Call me & I'll fill your ear.....