Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What a MONTH!

January...today I thought of those beautiful days in Crested Butte (I was way too stupid to realize how idealic those days were). The snow fall, the skiing, the quaint restaurants...aahh...for a moment I am transported to another place and time. I wish I had enjoyed it more.

So that is what I want for my life. To stop worrying and fretting and start enjoying it. I said yesterday in class, someone asked about my new watch, and I was explaining how I don't think I have a lot of joy in my life. They were stunned. They said I was the happiest person they knew. Then I felt sad for them, because they must be surrounded by people more "joyless" than me!

So today as the snow falls (and doesn't stick, but may the temp is dropping), I want to remember joy and happiness. When the afterschool kids saw the snow, they just screamed in glee! I want to scream in glee and be happy!!

Want to join me!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

Heck yeah!! Did you hear how excited I was when I called you?! I almost called everyone I know! You've got to start letting yourself get excited about the small things...who cares if there's a ton to be done at work---if we can enjoy some beautiful snow and the kids can go and play in it....that's what it's all about---they won't remember what they made on the CRCT when they are in there 30's...but they will sure as heck remember the day they got to stay home and play in snow!

K2daK said...

No better time to start enjoying things than now. :) If you have the day off tomorrow make some coffee with your creamer and kick back for at least an hour and read a book that you enjoy, not for school or work...then you can do all that other stuff. :) ENJOY IT!!