Thursday, January 24, 2008

Five places I want to go back to

Okay here goes.

1. Crested Butte, Colorado in the winter (and stay all winter with money to burn!)
2. Savannah, Georgia (I will never get tired of that city)
3. Fort Worth, Texas (We had our first real date at the Stockyards and it will always be special! One day I must watch all the Dallas reruns!)
4. Oklahoma City, OK (I would like to take my children to see the Cowboy Hall of Fame, the memorial downtown, and the stockyards.)
5. Ardmore, Oklahoma (There's no place like home--when I go there I have a beginning and a lifetime of memories, Brenda who knows my past, and a cemetary that holds my past. We are the only two who can share memories of our mothers. I'll never forget when Brenda's Dad died she called and said, "I never understood before what you went through, till now"...we were forever bonded. Brenda's mom died a couple of years later. Her mother taught me to sew and she made the best banana cream pie you've ever tasted. ) [Brenda called this week, she is going to be a granny.]

Two Places I don't particularly ever want to go again on purpose are:
1. Pittsburgh, PA (While some things were interesting others were not!)
2. Houston, TX (I will go if anyone I love needs me too, but I've spent way to many cancer filled hours in that town.)

No comments: