Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thoughts

Crusing around tonight I finally found Nat's blog. Loved her pictures, she has really developed as an artist.

Then went to a link Monkey has for Funky Finds. Then I clicked on a link that she had, you've got to check this out. http://www.barijonline.com/ Somedays I believe I was meant to be a hippy! If only I had $154 to spend on a purse. I've never spent that on anything in the last 25 years.

Made a huge pot of the chili from last weekend today. Matt and Dan like it too.

Went to school, worked, and read papers from my kiddos. They are getting better. They know what is going on, if only they will produce on that day. Big Dogs want to do a mock writing test, I didn't want to bust their bubble, so I said nothing that I already had planned it.

The kids love Letters From Rifka. I would love the ability for them to go to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and so many more places. In the book it talks about how she misses Momma's yeasty smell. We spent several minutes discussing the meaning of this phrase. Sadly, only about 6 out of 52 had ever smelled bread baking. Next year, I will add this into the lesson plans.

SBB's booklist has added Anna Karina. I will never forget the summer I decided I could not leave this earth without reading the great Russian writers. I read several the summer Gabe was a baby. However, The Brothers Karamatza (sp) was too much for me. (Maybe one day)

On Nat's blog, I noticed that she had mentioned a quiz to determine your presidential candidate. I took the quiz and it is a toss up between Mike Huckabee and John McCain. I'm not sure what that means.

Matt's best friend Nick's brother was severally burned on the face and hands this weekend. He has been moved to a burn center in Raliegh. It brought back many memories of when Drew had the third degree burns as a three year old. Young Moms out there be sure that you do NOT let your babies around hot coffee. That was how Drew's happened. Ben's was a brush fire. Pray for him and his family as they go through the debris process.

John Grisham's new book comes out Wednesday. I can't wait to get it and have a chance to sit and read it over the February break!!!!

In closing may payday come soon.

1 comment:

Monkey said...

We were on Funky Finds way back when I first started my blog...she sometimes has some pretty nifty stuff on there!