Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Questions

Why does Pioneer Woman say that she channels Sylvia Plath? Didn't she kill herself at age 31? Is she wanting to channel the poetic side?

Why didn't Lousia May Alcott write more books? I would have read them all.

Why doesn't someone gift me a million dollars? I would be kind, I would use it for good. (Okay after the ranch and cattle were bought, and the camera. Then I could channel Pioneer Woman!)

Why do we engage in mindless activities? On that day when I get to heaven and God says, "Lennye, you wasted 40 years of your life in mindless activities." What will I say?

Why don't more people read Chris Van Allsburg's book "The Wretched Stone" and get it?

What makes a good Christmas gift? Is it the thought? The time? or the gift?

Why do we make bad decisions when faced with a choice? For instance, me and F at the Christmas party today - bad choices! F ended up with a pair of slippers. I was laughing when she opened it and said, "I bet they are houseshoes." They were! Then I open up an apple dipper (if any of you are interested speak up). Now I do fondue every Christmas, I have several pots going, but an apple shaped pot? I don't know? It was one of those days you wanted to know who brought these gifts. F and I both wanted a coffee pot!

Finally, what possesses a 47 year old woman to go back to school for an advanced degree?

1 comment:

Sarah B. B. said...

Were there fanny packs given out at the Christmas party? If not, then I want to hear NO complaining. Unless, of course, there were $1 lottery scratchoffs. That was the worst, I think... :) Enjoy that apple dipper!