Sunday, December 16, 2007

Good Time

Today we went to a Christmas lunch with our old Sunday School class. I love these people. These are my favorite people in the church. We all came to Macedonia about the same time. Others have come and gone from the group, but those that remain truly enjoy each other. We had my favorite layered salad and pork loin (that's what I ate). I took Gooey Butter Cake, but refrained from that. I did bring me back a ginger snap cookie to eat with my coffee.

The people who hosted the party, Charley and Brenda, have a beautiful house on High Falls Lake. There is a calming presence in the house and it is wonderful to be there. I swear it is close to being with family.

1 comment:

K2daK said...

There really is no better feeling. :) It is probably better than being with family at times you don't have all the arguing that some families endure. I love being with good friends. What a nice way for you to end your week or start it which ever way you look at it.