Friday, December 14, 2007

Gabe



Gabe, how four letters can come together and mean so much!

I would like to address the impact that some readers have had in his life. First, there was KE, he loved Mrs. E. He loves Mrs. Freda (by the way he made 103 on the math midterm). Then there was monkey, I have one picture framed and two more on the fridge to be framed. I really thought this one would take! He would develop his artistic side and always have a creative outlet. But no, it was SBB who seems to have imprinted him. Last night he has found a way to play chess online. He had four games going (won a couple), decides in his free time he wants to learn languages (this interest him) and soon is spouting German phrases. Matt is trying to study, I think he is cussing us, and it is his father that gets it. He later announces that he wants to learn not one language, but four, French, Germany, Spanish, and Italian. At that moment I knew he will need a lot of special teachers in his future. Those who can see look past the utter foolishness and see that perhaps there is genius hidden in there.



PS. He has a wonderful ELA teacher and science teacher this year. Obviously the math teacher has it going on too!

3 comments:

K2daK said...

WoW! I feel honored, I loved teaching Gabe, I just knew I drove you, Dan, and Gabe nuts the whole year. :)

Monkey said...

Yay for parents hanging up children's artwork! I'm glad I was able to give Gabe some worthy projects...I remember him doing some nice ones!

Sarah B. B. said...

AWWWWWWWWWW. I *heart* Gabe-o. I'll claim the foreign language influence, but the chess is all him. Although, I did think it rocked when he tried to pull some obscure chess move he'd learned in a book during the tournament last year! :)