Sunday, December 9, 2007

Channeling

I must be channeling my inner self to Pioneer Woman! Did ya'll see that she has blogged about ---Homeschooling? What in the world. Well I can tell by her picture, that I have some age on her. I tell you guys, I was homeschooling, living a mile from the nearest neighbor, 20 miles to the nearest town, and being a Cowboy's wife. My children were out enjoying the wide open spaces before she even knew she was going to live this kind of life. Why wasn't I successful at it and make money with a blog spot that tells people what I did each day? This too is a mystery at the moment.

Hey, I've got pictures of me grinding an elk into hamburger meat. Top that Pioneer Woman.

2 comments:

Monkey said...

"grinding an elk into hamburger meat" that is just sick...I NEVER want to see that picture. I'm glad to read that I'm not the only person who sometimes gets envious of people making money from their blogs or people being more interested in one person's life that really isn't all THAT much interesting in what we have going on and are saying too. It sometimes feels like high school all over again...like popularity contests and such...I guess that is why we have to think of writing the blog for ourselves and for something to look back on for our own memories and not for anyone else...though I haven't been feeling the love for it these last couple of weeks. We'd be lying if we said it didn't matter to us if we get comments or not...because we would have our blogs set to private if we didn't sorta want others to read them and enjoy them, but I've let myself get too down at times about writing about something I thought was interesting/funny or whatever and then not get one comment on it while someone else writes about something somewhat inconsequential and gets a ton of comments...then let myself feel crappy about it. I need to make a promise to myself to STOP that immediately...it must be the only child/perfectionist/everybody please love me syndrome I have. Would the pills help that I wonder?! :)

Monkey said...

ps....you didn't make money off of your life stories, etc...on a blogspot back then because it didn't exist...had it existed---your stories are definitely worth money. :) OKLAHOMA!