Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Vacation Day 3

On the day of my funeral do not be surprised if I jump up out of the casket and say, "Hold that thought, I've got laundry to do and a house to clean."

Yesterday was spent cleaning, but not the kind I wanted (the bedroom). No, I rearranged the living room, to get it Christmas ready. The 20 minutes I sat down with the torture devise on, I watched Paula Deen and then ended up having to make a Gooey Butter Cake!! Drew and Nicole are coming over tomorrow and you'd think the President was dining here! I've cleaned and planned. There will be enough food for an army. Yet, every time I try to leave something out, something new comes in. There are several staples that have to be cooked and several new additions. Alas, the price of having no family and wanting to make everything special for my children as they grew up. (Why didn't I start the let's order pizza in tradition?!)

So much for a vacation, But....if I did rest and vacation this week what would I do. I would go to Sarah's little shop in McDonough (maybe Saturday), I would go to the antique mall in Covington, and I would read. Seems simple enough.

Then somebody tell me why F and I didn't know that Oprah was doing a show in Macon, Georgia and it was her favorites of 2007. I'd of been happy with the watch. F and I kept calling each other in disbelief at all the stuff. I still can't believe that there are people who spend that kind of money on one person during the holidays.

1 comment:

Monkey said...

We knew she was going to be in Macon, but that it was going to be like trying to get into the White House or something...I haven't watched the episode yet--it's Tivoed! I did see a part where she gave away the most expensive gift she's ever done on there, the refrigerator! Oprah has her issues (everyone does) but I would get WAY more excited to meet her than the President! She does way more good for others than he does. :)