Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Vacation Day 2

I got up early this morning to spend 20 minutes with the torture devise! It is tough, but must be done.

Last night I cooked the most wonderful recipe.

Chicken Layered Mexican Salad
3 cups cooked, diced chicken breast
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 can refried beans
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
3 cups shredded lettuce
2 large tomatoes, diced
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salsa
tortilla chips
1. mix chicken, 1/2 of the taco mix, and whole can of refried beans
2. Layer in a 9x13 casserole dish
3. combine mayo, sour cream, and remaining taco mix in a separate bowl.
4. Layer this on top of chicken and bean mixture
5. complete the layering with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese
6. serve with salsa and chips
I added guacamole' to mine and left off the tomatoes. I used fat free beans, mayo and sour cream and only 1 1/2 cups of cheese. No one noticed the difference. Matt wouldn't even try it. Gabe loved it and so did Dan. Definitely worth a try.
Today's plans include: cleaning bedroom and bathroom, more laundry, grocery shopping, supper cooking, and finishing Gabe's school project that was lost and now has to be turned in on Monday!

1 comment:

K2daK said...

I might have to try that soon, I am all about new food to try! We had a yummy dinner last night from the Sp. 07 Kraft Family Magazine, Chicken Floritene (I probably spelled that wrong). It was good and could be very low in WW points if you used low fat cheese & FF Italian dressing. I hope you have enjoyed your day!