Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a day! We had a feast to say the least, even Pioneer Woman would have been envious. Here was our menu:

Smoked Turkey w/cranberry sauce
squash dressing
deviled eggs
mashed potatoes
black-eyed peas
broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole (double)
steamed green beans
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Yum-Yum cake
Garlic rolls











I think I may have fixed too much food. We always use my Grandmother's pottery dishes. This year I think it became apparent that it was time to add to the set. I have 5 plates (and they are small by today's standards) and 1 platter (also small by today's standards). So I will be stalking the antique stores and ebay for the next year. We have lots of leftovers.










The kids we all here. Gabe is starting to outgrow Nicole. I told her today we would have to get Matt to find a short woman too!

Then we spent the afternoon playing a card game called Phase 10. Now, Dan and I are not game players and Nicole is from a family of game players. We are eat and lay around and watch movie people. But we played all afternoon, even Dan.

I'm loving the cool weather and excited to see it come. Tomorrow it is clean the bedroom, get some of my school (job) work done, and then do school (Dr.) work done. I still would like to go scope out the antique mall in Covington.

All in all we have a lot to be thankful for:

  1. Married to the same man for 23 3/4 years
  2. Three healthy children
  3. One daughter-in-law
  4. lots of good friends
  5. the ability to cook for them every year!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

Hey, I wrote about how we play Phase 10 on my blog a few days ago...it's one game I can get my mom to play with me---she loves it! We have so much fun with that. Hey, tell Freda that I saw that Walmart, Target and Lowes all have nice fake trees in all sizes if she's still looking for one! Thanks for passing that on for me! Happy turkey day!

K2daK said...

Sounds like a good Thanksgiving, you should check out mine just for giggles. :)