Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Before Pioneer Woman, There Was Me!!!!!



I must say that when SBB found the website pioneer woman I was fascinated. You mean to tell me all I've needed all these years was a good camera and a website. We could have been rich off the tales of horse training. Oh the stories that have been lived!!!!




So in honor of pioneer woman and the fact that no one really understands what we do---I have included pictures of the recent horse show. Of course I think to be rich at this I need pioneer woman's camera.
This one is of Matt and Dan loping in the practice pen.
Matt and Pricilla (on the right) have been doing this since they could walk. They are both seniors this year. I hope whoever they marry understands that men and women can have best friends of the opposite sex.
Gene is my announcer and a colorful man who keeps me from going to sleep when I am exhausted from getting up at 4:00am and working a 14 hour day. I have grown to love him and his wife Debbie. This weekend Gene looks at me and says, "One thing for sure horse trainers are hard on their wives. Have you ever noticed how broke down a horse trainers wife looks?" No joke, you think the worry has anything to do with it.
Matt came by the office and I snapped this. It was hot as HELL that day!!!! I think it hit 102, according to the Augusta Chronicle.
.
In closing I leave you with my Marlborro Man that puts Pioneer Woman's to shame. He has had the pleasure in this life of doing the thing he loves the most and getting paid for it. (Even though he has never made a ton of money). The worries about money haven't aged him like they have me. I would say that he is the hardest working man I have ever met or will ever meet and he still is the best looking thing in the pen.

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Pioneer Woman's website is awesome because of the pictures mostly...but you'd have to sale a child to have the camera and lenses she has....your husband is WAY hotter! You need to write her and say "my Marlboro Man is hotter than yours." ;)

Sarah B. B. said...

Agreed on both points, MG! It also would seem that she doesn't have two jobs like you do, & thus has more time to take gorgeous pictures. Mattie dear will eventually find a girl that appreciates the fact he has a close female friend. My friend Pete was in our wedding, and would've been on my side, but he refused to wear the dress that Caroline picked out. ;)

Monkey said...

ps...the girl on the right is super cute and I think she and Matt should be best friends and get married. To be married to your best friend...that's double perfection. They would make pretty babies! :)