Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Changing Seasons!

Not only is it time to leave summer behind, but the family is going through a changing season. I once read a book by Chuck Swindoll (or his sister Lucy) about how life goes through seasons. I am amazed that I am remarkable calm about this one.

Yesterday, was all about Matt. We went to take senior pictures yesterday. I couldn't believe how grown up he looked. On the way over we talked about college and how in love he is right now. Yes, Matt and the girl from Florida are at the least a serious phone item. She has traveled to every horse show he has so far this summer. Texas and I think she is trying to go to SC this weekend. I don't see much for long distance romances but who knows.

Gabe has grown a bunch this summer. He is easily 5'4 1/2" right now. It is hard to believe he will be in junior high soon. We go back to the doctor today. He still isn't over having having his first vacation cancelled.

Drew is quickly leaving us to start his new life with Nicole and it is okay. (If I could find something to wear, it would be better.) I think we have found reasonable suits in the appropriate brown color and we are ready to make a purchase.

Me, well I have a paper to write and no idea exactly how to write it. The paper involves a some research that can only be done at school. I am to the wire on a lot of stuff right now and very unemotional about it all. I plan to not get too over wrought, let's see how that works for me!!!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

wrote a whole comment and it got messed up! dang! I was saying that I'm going to do my best to be more positive this year and just realize that some people are inconsiderate idiots and that is life and I should not let it get me down. I'm also going to try the centers strategy where each one of my tables has a different project to work on...this way I can pick some low maintenance projects and some more complex ones and once everyone is started, I can spend more time with the complex projects...one table might be drawing, another painting, another doing collage work, another sculptures from recyclables, etc...I think it will be fun but more work at first. I just have no idea how to write my lessons for it, because they will be rotating through projects. Shall be interesting...but going back doing something different makes me feel more renewed than going back doing the same old thing. If it doesn't work, then all I have to do is go back to the old way.

lee said...

Hi Lennye,

Mellissa has gotten me involved in this blog stuff. Anyway, I was reading your blog and read that you were looking for alternative diets. I was reading an article on AOL this a.m. and thought you might get a little chuckle out of it..you'll just have to get up 2 hours earlier each day to pack your lunch...sometimes laughter is the best remedy for the prestress stage you are entering...school starting back...have a good year and enjoy those kids.....article is below. Lee
Eat like an ape - lose weight?
Posted Jul 16th 2007 4:20PM by Marisa McClellan

Late last year, a TV production company filmed a new reality program in England. Nine volunteers set up camp in the Paignton Zoo in Devon, next to the ape house and for 12 days, ate like the apes did. This meant that they consumed nearly 11 pounds of fruits and vegetables a day as part of a three-day rotating diet that was designed by a nutritionist. They also were given small amounts of honey and nuts, and during the second week ate some cooked fish.

On average, each of the participants lost 10 pounds and experienced significant reductions in blood pressure and cholesterol. The majority of the participants signed up because they were experiencing health concerns and needed to do something drastic in order to improve their health.