Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Best Laid Plans!

Well, guess who isn't going to St. Simon for the reading conference? ME!!!!!!!! Gabe's ear is some kind of serious ear infection. The outer ear is swelling. Yesterday, the ENT said he needed steroids and $100 ear drop medicine and another appointment before the weekend! Well, I took the perscriptions to CVS for them to fill. Only when I go to pick them up, they don't have the drops, they don't call to find them, they just go "Oh well, maybe tomorrow". I looked at the girl and said, "You couldn't call before all the other pharmacy's closed in town, or call and find me some somewhere?" Apparently not!!!!

With Gabe's continuing ear issues, the trip to St. Simon was cancelled. Which took an act of congress. Then I had to pay one nights lodging for not allowing 3 days notice. Which really was no big deal, I would rather be home with the sick one! Of course now Dan and Gabe are disappointed that they aren't going anywhere.

I MUST clean house today! This is important. Also, the reception guest list must be finalized and a total sent to the in laws. I did order a dress this morning.

I would also like to continue house hunting. It is so confusing and time consuming!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

What has Gabe been doing? Swimming in a pool of straight up bacteria? Can he eat? I had one that was so bad one time I couldn't open my mouth to eat hardly. I feel for the guy!
House hunting should be a fun thing...since you already have a place to live and all. I'm still confused though (as is Sarah) WHERE exactly are you trying to get a house, Covington? Where does Dan work?

Lennye said...

Gabe has just started to eat again. This has been unbelievable. He went to camp and came back with the earache. Then we went through round one of antibiotic, but needed ear drops, which weren't perscribed the first round. Now we are on all kinds of medications and go back tomorrow. His ear is still very swollen, even on the outside.

Where are we living? I don't know!! This is our problem we can't make up our mind. Dan works between Covington and Monroe, around Jersey. So who knows!!