Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekends!

Weekends should be for resting! Why is that never the case around here. I don't think anyone who exists in the world of large animals has free time. It is 7 days a week with no exceptions. Our weekend went like this:

First, we looked for houses again. I think we are now considering Turtle Cove. That was until this morning when Dan called at 6:30am and said that the rent house with the barn is now available. Here is the problem----When your house is attached with the barn, if the barn lease falls apart, then you have to move too. So this is more discussion and part of the reason we never make a decision.

Second, there Dan's Sunday School class. We planned a cookout and no one came! It was at Denise's house so at least her and Shelby were there. I think Singles Sunday School Classes are hard to motivate!!!!!!! Especially, when the teacher is working 14 to 15 hours a day 6 days a week and 7 hours on Sunday. Then he is married to a crazy woman working on her doctorate.

Then there is the #1 son and his desire to get married. He did start his new job today. Hopefully it will move to full time fast!

I'm so glad weekends are only two days, although around here they just blend with the rest of the week.

I need to add some clarifications to my last post. Yes, we have thought about another state. Land in Oklahoma (HA! HA!) is very reasonable. But, Dan would have to rebuild his clients and that seems overwhelming. To run Dan's business takes about 40 acres at the least. One of the problems right now is the distance from Dan's work to home. So we forever wrestle with the issue do we get a house or do we get land? Because out here both are not affordable. Hence, the $500,000 house/land.

On the new work schedule we are all teaching subjects. Reese/Math, Brannan/Language, Harper/Science and Social Studies, me Reading/writing. Just tell me what you want.

Today, if I can change my dentist appointment I am going to go to Macon for Jena's mom's funeral. I will pass on the Grandmother's funeral. Although according to the timing I think they may be overlapping. This is so sad and my heart goes out to Jena and her family.

2 comments:

Monkey said...

What have you heard about the Specials Schedule? I've heard that some changes were made and that we already approved them...news to me. Land...I will one day inherit 60 acres or more...and I don't want any of it in Crawford County!

Sarah B. B. said...

Yeah, that's why I asked - I figured that he wouldn't be able to just transfer things five states away. Too bad. I know you'd like to go back to OKLAHOMA. That schedule seems a little wack to me - what is Brannan going to teach? Just grammar? For 50 minutes a day or whatever it works out to be? Usually schedules like that group LA & writing, & leave Reading by itself...

That should be interesting... I'll keep additional comments to myself. ;)