Thursday, June 14, 2007

Overloaded Brain Matter

I loved the conference in Perry! My mind is absolutely spinning!! Jeff Anderson the author of Mechanically Inclined (which has to do with grammar) is my new favorite person. Also, heard a man named Dr. Cooper, he has written a book called, The Struggling Reader: Interventions That Work. It fits right in with RTI and will be a great asset. Then, got to hear THE SISTERS and so many great ideas. A professor and author by the name of Dr. Gail Thompson from California will go into my memory bank as a reference for the future. She may be able to help me with my dissertation.

Then with all this knowledge and excitement in learning, I returned to the nasty house. I am struggling to be nice!!! I don't see how you can sit here all day and wait for me to come home to do all the housework.

I have a couple of papers due Sunday and this will end my research class. I need to work on writing lesson plans this summer, since that will be included with my research. I need to get all the books from the folks I heard this weekend and then get started. Of course it is hard to come up with a couple of $100, just for more books.

Last night, I made out a mini-will. I may go revise it after Drew's comments last night!! My toughest question is what would I do with Gabe. He would hate being separated from his brothers! At 22 I could have taken care of a sibling; of course I had taken care of a dying mother for four years! Everyone best pray the plan doesn't crash.

Today promises to be full of activity.
1. work on paper
2. beauty shop
3. pack suitcase (I still don't know what to wear)
4. make sure the children have back up money and a will!
5. Try to enjoy myself and remember that this is fun!!!!!!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

You better not pay full price for books--check out Amazon.com for used books--you'll find some really good prices! Hope you have fun on your trip! Oh, you should wear that hottie "Ms. Thang" shirt with the pink, black and white with a black skirt or dress pants.

Sarah B. B. said...

You can always put in your will that we'll take Gabe - we'll let him see his brothers. So no worries. Plus, you'll be fine, anyway. The house is in Grant Park - you can hear the lion in the Zoo roar! :)