Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What A Weekend!!!






I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I had in a short time. The reunion was amazing! The only down side was being so FAT!!!! Otherwise, I felt great about my life after 30 years. It was hard to believe how some people had changed and how others had blossomed. Two of the girls in high school that weren't in "The Group" were the friendliest and most fun to be around. One friend had become so bitter it wasn't even funny. Others had become friendlier.




One of the coolest things was at breakfast some of our old teachers came. It was funny to see Johnny Ray walk Mrs. Cochran (now 92) to her car, carrying her purse. We all looked out the window and laughed remembering 30 years ago she wouldn't have let him near her purse. We also saw the girl's basketball coach and his wife. Since retirement he has spent his time creating a museum to Gene Autry and the singing cowboys of the 40's and 50's. It just so happened that on Saturday they were hosting Gene Autry Days (Gene Autry is a little community outside Ardmore). We decided after greasy burgers at Hamburger Inn to go out and we had a lot of fun. Dan could have stayed all day.




I think like most seniors we missed the most likely to succeed! The one we voted doesn't even work! Yet, one of our classmates is now the CEO of a company called Boots and Coots (formerly known as The Red Adair Company). He caps oil well blowouts plus more stuff!




Then there was the one beauty in high school who now has rotted out teeth. She's a meth addict. Then the ones in federal prision, and those just getting out. What a weekend!!!


All in all we had a grand time. Dan was at his best. He didn't know a lot of people I went to school with, but fit right in.







2 comments:

Monkey said...

Does the fact you're back safe & sound mean that Gabe doesn't get to come & live with me (it's Sarah, by the way, typing at Melissa's).

1) We'd like the next picture of Dan to be taken from the other side. ;)

2) We think we picked out the meth addict.

3) We REALLY hope you didn't tell any of your classmates about this blog.

4) We totally think you're the cutest girl in your class.

5) Glad you had fun, and that the plane didn't crash, and that you're not in Oklahoma anymore, or we wouldn't know you. :)

Monkey said...

This is Melissa this time...I know that Sarah is your favorite (like Drew) I am Matt...I am ok with that..that is why I relate to Matt so much better! However, if you are going to take the time to write on one child's blog...at least have the decency to write on the other's. Sarah sits and laughs at me as I pound these words to you...and yes, I saw you mentioned OKLAHOMA! We believe your next post should start with "This one time in Oklahoma!"
Loving ya anyway...despite the hurt I feel inside from never being good enough! Will go on Oprah or Dr. Phil and spill the beans.