Monday, June 11, 2007

Issues Abound

I am a prisoner in my own home. Dan gets up at 4am, which isn't bad, I like the mornings. However, with all my extra people I can't move around in the morning. Right now Drew is on the couch asleep and Nicole is in Matt's bed. Matt is on a blow up mattress in the laundry room, so he can hear his dog and take care of him without involving me! Gabe got to keep his bed. With this cronic backache right now, I need to be moving around!! We are going to look for a bigger house. I want all the kids to feel like they can come and go as needed, plus bring friends home.

This leads to the next problem--feeding everyone. I definiately need to plan menus. You know how you always hear about families of 8 living on $500 a month groceries. I need to know how to do that. We are more like the family of 5 living on a $1,000 a month grocery bill. I listen to financial advisors and still don't know how they do it! Thank God gas prices dropped .10 cents this weekend.

Today, Gabe is off to Bible School and Ryan, the neighbor is going too. I'm even going to let the van pick them up and drop them off. I'm off to the chiropractor. I've already started looking into all the workshops at the conference and there are a lot of GREAT ones to choice from. Wish Sarah was going with me!

Then there is the reunion in Oklahoma and me feeling having the guilt issues over what I should do! I know Linda wants me to stay there. But if I stay at Brenda's I can go to a party Friday night, Saturday morning, and Saturday night. Yet, then I won't be spending quality time with Linda, which is what I think I have to do. On Sunday, I need to see my Dad. Also, time must be made for the obligatory trip to the cemetery. Boy, a mini vacation is even difficult.

Then to top it off my dissertation proposal needs to be finished before I head to Oklahoma.

So is life today in our fast paced world. There are days when I would like to just watch the waves blow in and enjoy life!

4 comments:

Monkey said...

The house behind us is for sale with a good bit of land. The people who bought it from the original owners didn't even live in it...the original owners were the sister and brother-in-law to the people who owned this house. They'd prob. go down on the price because it's been for sale for quite a while.
http://idx.laurennoah.com/idx/detail.cfm?cid=3240&bid=48&pid=2165238

Monkey said...

the above link didn't work...here it is again

http://idx.laurennoah.com/idx/detail.
cfm?cid=3240&bid=48&pid=2165238

or listing number 2165238 on laurennoah.com

Monkey said...

wow...that was some fastness on the quiz...I just posted it! Good job too----you sure did get a lot right!
Did you check out that house behind us? It seems pretty nice and roomy!

Sarah B. B. said...

First of all, breathe. Second of all, I am sad I'm not going to the conference with you, but I will be at the DOE CRCT item review in July, if that makes you feel better. :) Third, there are plenty of houses in the world, so you will find the right one. Fourth, your middle school home ec teacher wasn't lying when she said that menu planning was good. It's a pain, believe me, but it's saved us gobs of money this year.

Hopefully we'll have a lovely little house in Grant Park under contract by the end of the week. :)