Tuesday, March 19, 2024

 Deaths ~ Births ~ Miracles

Social media is a strange creature, daily I'm reminded of the brevity of life as I read of someone's passing. I hurt with these friends and families that must say good-byes to their loved ones. 

Then interspersed between sadness, I see beautiful, precious new babies being born. Former students starting families and friends having grandchildren.

Now this would be enough to know that there's God, but no, this week we've seen miracles as well. A senior in a horrific wreck comes home in three days. A cancer patient who has not one but two brain surgeries in a week goes home. Nothing short of miracles.

And over all these events is God at work. 

In Bible we are studying the miracles of Jesus. Yesterday's miracle was raising Lazarus from the dead, but it was this verse that got me, "Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.” (John 11:41-42)

"For the benefit of these people," and I looked around at my week full of deaths ~ births ~ and miracles, and wondered how anyone could doubt him when obviously he is still at work.




No comments: