Monday, August 7, 2023

Psalm 28:6-7

 Today I've pondered why the Psalms are full of reminders that God hears us? My quick search found 11 in the Psalms alone.

In verses 6 notice the word because. David's praise to God had a reason. Spurgeon said, “Real praise is established upon sufficient and constraining reasons; it is not irrational emotion, but rises, like a pure spring, from the deeps of experience.”
You might want to read that twice. We are so busy trying to work up emotions in order to praise God, when there is enough to praise Him for in our daily living.
As a young girl when my mom got sick I asked my Grandmother, "Why us?" Why had cancer come to our house? Hadn't we prayed? Her answer was classic Alice and has stuck with me all my life, "Why not us?"
I spent a good five years running from God instead of to Him. As the old saying goes, "I couldn't see the forest for the trees." And only when I, like David, cried out to Him, acknowledging who He is did I find Him to be my strength and shield.
Friend, He is either God of all things or God of nothing. And as the Psalm goes, "My heart trusted in Him and I was helped."

No comments: