Monday, August 7, 2023

Psalm 17:6

 "...hear my prayer." A quick Google search says there are 450 instances of this phrase in the Bible. My quick search Sunday gave me 24.

The Hebrew word for God who hears is El Shama. "Though ‘El Shama’ is not an official name of God, it refers to the fact that God hears…He listens." (Elizabeth Prata)
Matthew Henry wrote of this verse, "Those who would proceed and persevere in the ways of God, must, by faith prayer, get daily fresh supplies of grace and strength from him. Show thy marvelous loving-kindness, distinguishing favors, not common mercies, but be gracious to me; do as thou used to do to those who love thy name."
Friend, I don't know about you, but there is something humbling that happens when I realize the God of the Universe hears ME! He cares for me personally enough to listen.
There is a Latin term, Coram Deo, which means “before the face of God” or “in the presence of God.” The writer at gotquestions.com states, "To live one’s life “before God” (coram Deo) is a scriptural concept, as the Lord is omnipresent and perceives our every action and thought."
If we just for a moment could comprehend the meaning of this. We are quick to throw around "I'll pray for you"; however, do we really comprehend the magnitude of what we are saying. I hope so.
Have a terrific day and remember Coram Deo. You are in his presence and He hears you!

No comments: